Having car insurance in Illinois is required by state law. It's frustrating that the cost can sometimes be unreasonable. You're in the driver's seat when it comes to lowering auto insurance rates.
Here are a few simple ideas to help you make premiums reasonable:
- Shop your insurance - Get multiple quotes. The easiest way to do this is to work with an independent insurance agency like the Held Insurance Agency who has access to multiple insurance carriers.
- Raise your deductible - This will help lower your insurance premiums. Make sure you have some funds set aside just-in-case.
- Bundle your insurance - Look to have your car insurance with the same carrier as your home, condo, or renter's insurance policy.
- Liability only coverage - Reducing the physical damage coverage on your vehicle by removing collision or comprehensive(other than collision) coverage. If your car is older and has a low resale value this may be a good option. Keep in mind you won't have coverage to repair your vehicle in case of an accident.
- Driving smartphone apps - Many insurance carriers have a smartphone app designed to recognize distracted driving/driving habits. If you consider yourself a good driver, take advantage of these apps, and potentially save.
- Keep up your credit - Many insurance companies use credit to establish your rate. Having a better credit-rating can save you money.
- Low mileage discounts - Drive less and take advantage of a discount from certain carriers.
- Research the insurance rates, before you buy the vehicle - contact your independent insurance agent and ask them what specific car insurance will cost before purchasing a vehicle.
- Other discounts - Take advantage of other discounts: safe driver, good student, occupational, early shopper, driver training, and more...
- Contact the Held Insurance Agency to discuss more savings opportunities at 847-264-4644.
Held Insurance Agency, Insurance Simplified. Our office is located in Mount Prospect, Illinois 60056. Serving Illinois and Wisconsin. Call 847-264-4644!