Home Insurance

When You Need Quality Home Insurance - Call Us at 847.264.4644

Wherever you call home; a city condo, high-rise apartment, rural house, or a suburban townhouse, we can help you find the best homeowners insurance policy that fits your needs. Whether you are a first-time homeowner, renters, relocating to the area, or simply reviewing your current home insurance, the Held Insurance Agency is here for you. We specialize in making it simple to choose a home insurance policy that works best for you. Contact us to find out what we can do.

We Work With Multiple Insurance Carriers To Help You Get The Best Rate

We Work With Multiple Insurance Carriers To Help You Get The Best Rate

Home insurance covers the hazards that most homeowners face such as fire, wind, theft, and more. When a loss occurs, you can file a claim with your insurance carrier. However, homeowner insurance also covers personal liability exposures, to protect you from many situations that could lead to lawsuits. For instance, if someone slips and falls in your home or is injured somewhere on your property, you can be held responsible. Liability coverage is there to protect you.

We can help you get the best home insurance you need, whether you have a single-family home, condo, townhome, ranch, bungalow, two flat, or another type of residence. 

It’s Insurance Simplified to get home insurance quotes when you work with Held Insurance Agency. Having a home insurance agency near me is simple. Our office is located in Mount Prospect, Illinois. Serving all of Illinois and Wisconsin.

<p>Understanding Homeowner&#8217;s Insurance</p>

Understanding Homeowner’s Insurance

Purchasing homeowners insurance is critical for protecting your home.
Learn More

Recommended Insurance Coverage For Homeowners

  • Dwelling (Coverage A) - Covers damages to your house and any attached structures, including fixtures such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems.
  • Other Structures (Coverage B) - Pays for damage to unattached structures, including a detached garage, tool shed, fence, etc.
  • Personal Property (Coverage C) - Covers personal possessions such as appliances, furniture, electronics, clothes, etc.
  • Loss of Use (Coverage D) - Reimburses for additional living expenses while you are unable to live in your home.
  • Personal Liability (Coverage E) - Pays claims if you are found liable for injuries or damages to another party.
  • Medical Payments (Coverage F)- Pays the medical bills incurred by people who are hurt on your property or by your pets.

Additional coverage you may want to consider adding to your policy:

  • Water backup(sewer and drain) coverage - Most policies will not cover sewer backup unless you purchase a special endorsement.
  • Jewelry or Fine Arts Coverage - Certain high-value items such as jewelry or artwork has limitations in a policy. These items may need special coverage (scheduled endorsement) to make sure you have enough coverage.
  • Building Ordinance - After a claim, the local ordinance may have changed and you may be required to install or upgrade the building. This provides funds to make those upgrades and avoid having to pay them out of pocket.
  • Flood Insurance - A standard homeowners policy typically does not include Flood Insurance. (This is a separate policy)

Frequently Bought Together With Home Insurance